Mortgage Loan Officer
Position: Mortgage Loan Originator (Loan Officer)
Reports to: Division President
Employment Status: Full-Time
Location: Remote or in-office
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary: Commission & Salary Options Available
Unfortunately, too many mortgage corporations operate under the “MUSHROOM MORTGAGE” approach – they keep their employees in the dark and expect them to grow.
Mortgage executives and the companies they run seldom value people over the bottom line. Their lack of transparency and authenticity ultimately leads to a complete loss of trust from their teammates.
To commoditize a human being, make them feel incapable of making good decisions, and force them to work in a relationship void of support, honesty, and a path forward is just plain WRONG.
TrustLink Mortgage Loans Are Different
TrustLink Mortgage Loans is the new expectation of what a mortgage company should be. We’ve worked for companies with no integrity, where we were managed to the lowest common denominator, and we know what it feels like when corporations do not seek input from their teammates.
It’s our ethos to foster open and honest communication. We treat our teammates as adults and provide responsible autonomy for them to make good decisions and further their careers. We believe you should always be cultivating new skills and growing toward your ultimate potential.
Our Recruiting Process
We believe in hiring exceptional people above all else. Here’s our process.
We seek individuals who we believe will align with our culture and who possess the skills necessary to succeed
We conduct peer panel interviews where we get to know your story and learn about your goals
You meet with leadership to hear the TrustLink Mortgage Loans vision and process for creating successful homeowners
You review our compensation plan, which is designed to naturally scale with market fluctuations
The Loan Originator position proactively markets and originates mortgage loan products in order to meet individual and branch productivity and quality goals while representing TrustLink Mortgage Loans.
The Loan Originator will simultaneously work to originate loans from their personal sphere of influence as well as receive loan opportunities from the branch.
This position is available to both experienced and new mortgage loan originators. Extensive training and mentoring for new and developing loan officers will be provided by the Branch Manager and sales team.
Essential Job Functions
- Originate mortgage loans, including offering and negotiating terms of a loan, taking loan applications, and verifying and obtaining information from consumers and business partners
- Achieve loan production numbers as expected by Branch Manager
- Work with branch and corporate team members on loan files (e.g., processors, underwriters, etc.)
- Develop marketing and industry growth plan to consistently grow your personal productivity
- Maintain knowledge of all TrustLink Mortgage Loans policies and guidelines and understanding of all company products
- Adhere to all company policies and guidelines and federal and state regulations related to mortgage lending, including, but not limited to the SAFE Act
- Respond to consumers and business partners’ inquiries regarding mortgage loan products in a timely fashion
- Advise consumers of TrustLink Mortgage Loans’ lending guidelines and procedures
- Analyze consumers’ financial data to identify appropriate products to meet their financial goals
Non-essential Job Junctions
- Adopt TrustLink Mortgage Loans’ values in personal work behaviors, decision making, contributions, and interpersonal interactions
- Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to reward performance and value “can do” people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity, and fun
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Great attitude and a growth mindset
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of building quality client relationships
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of customer service and intrapersonal best practices
Required Education and Experience
- Loan Originators must have an active mortgage loan originator license sponsored by TrustLink Mortgage Loans through the NMLS for every state in which they conduct business before representing themselves as a mortgage loan originator
- SAFE Act Compliant and mortgage loan originator license in the state in which loans are being originated
- Demonstrated experience with attention to detail, written and oral communication, and working in a team atmosphere
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office software products
Preferred Education and Experience
- Credit-signing authority experience preferred
- Experience working with Fannie Mae Desktop Underwriter and Freddie Mac Loan Prospector preferred
- In-office and remote positions are available
The TrustLink Mortgage Difference
Making the decision to join our team means you are joining a tribe that will encourage you to grow, push your own personal boundaries, and ultimately a team that will have gratitude for your contributions.
Life is short. We want to be the long-term career solution and not the short-term fix that will ultimately leave you disheartened and dissatisfied. We look forward to helping you grow!